BISM is looking for a great person to lead our Youth Division, attached you
will find the position posting. If you are interested or know of someone
that will be a great addition to BISM's Rehabilitation Department please
forward this message along.
We have some great upcoming programs that are already in the planning stages
and summer will be here before we know it, so we are looking to fill this
Thank you in advance for your help in getting the word out about this
BLIND INDUSTRIES AND SERVICES OF MARYLAND
Requested start date: ASAP
Position Title: Youth Services Manager
Department: Rehabilitation - Baltimore
Hiring Manager: Christina Davis
Number: 1 Position Available
Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday*
*Evening and weekends as needed
Essential Position Functions:
1. Provide training in areas of: Orientation & Mobility, Independent Living, and Braille & Computer Technology to Youth Students.
2. Provide day-to-day training and education of others; works in a creative environment which requires invention, imagination, originality and talent.
3. Plan, implement and evaluate Youth programs, objectives and goals.
4. Mentor, coach and supervise others, including Youth students.
5. Provide blindness philosophy training to Youth program students.
6. Externally promotes the organization and participate in public or private functions as a representative of the Rehabilitation Department and company.
7. Prepare annual budget, monthly reports and evaluations.
8. Provide blindness counseling to students and families.
9. Work closely with CORE and Senior training programs as needed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. An experienced leader with blindness experience, technical skills and business acumen.
2. Requires education or learning beyond high school which was acquired by a prolonged course of specialized instruction.
3. Must be able to read and interpret industry-specific journals, financial reports and legal documents as they apply to operations.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
5. May be required to travel frequently within the State for weekend and summer programs.
6. Must be proficient in alternative skills of blindness.
Candidates must complete the position bidding form, take it to their current manager and have him/her complete the recommendation section, then give the form to the hiring manager.
Relocation Packages are Available.